Vermont Housing Improvement Program (VHIP)
The Vermont Housing Improvement Program is underway!
Northeast Kingdom Landlords can take advantage of grants to make new rental units available to those at risk of homelessness by assisting with health/safety repairs and code violations such as electrical, plumbing, water, septic, heating systems, roof, accessibility, and structural repairs. Grants are also available for the creation of new rental units, including the creation of accessory dwelling units (ADUs). Grants range from:
- Up to $30,000 for the rehabilitation of each 0-2 bedroom unit
- Up to $50,000 for the rehabilitation of each 3+ bedroom unit and the creation of new units, including the creation of accessory dwelling units (ADUs).
NOTE: Accessory Dwelling Units are defined as distinct dwellings that are subordinate to single-family home on a lot where the owner resides in one of the units. Any unit creation that does not fit the definition of an ADU is limited to unit creation within an existing structure.
In order to participate in this program, Landlords will also be required to:
- Rent at or below HUD Fair Market Rent for 5 years.
- Work with Coordinated Entry programs to find tenants for 5 years.
- Contribute funds equaling 20% of the Granted funding prior to receiving distributions.
- Other program requirements may apply.
VHIP Application for Rental Units
VHIP Application for Accessory Dwelling Units (ADU)
For more information, email email@example.com or call (802) 535-3555 and ask for the Homeownership Center
NML# 223009. "This is an Equal Opportunity Program. Discrimination is prohibited by Federal Law. Complaints of discrimination may be filed with USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Bldg., 14th and Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410"