RuralEdge offices remain closed to the public, please call us to set up an appointment

Housing Stabilization Program

Let’s face it; this last year has tested all of us. Lost income from job loss and increased cost of living has made making ends meet difficult for many families. If you are one of those families, you are not alone!

In September 2021, Governor Scott announced that funding from the CARES Act would go to the Neighborworks Homeownership Centers across Vermont for the Housing Stabilization program. This program allows these organizations, including the RuralEdge Homeownership Center, to hire a financial counseling specifically geared towards assisting current homeowners, as well as providing some funding to assist with back mortgage and utility payments caused by circumstances caused by the COVID-19 Pandemic. 

The COVID-19 Pandemic has put a financial strain on a lot of families, even to the point of fear of losing their housing. Don't let that happen to you! Our HUD Certified Counselors can help you to understand your current financial situation and may be able to find some assistance in the form of back utility and mortgage payments for qualifying households. RuralEdge staff are back in the office and available to meet by appointment!

Learn About the Impact this Program has on Communities!

Interested in speaking with one of our certified counselors?

Call us at 802-535-3555 or email for more information today!

You work hard for your housing, let us help you keep it!

Housing Stabilization Counseling Application

Sign up for our newsletter