RuralEdge offices are open by appointment only, please call (802) 535-3555 to set up an appointment

Apply for Housing

How do I pay my rent?

Rent checks can be dropped off at one of our office locations or mailed directly to us at RuralEdge, PO Box 86, Lyndonville, VT 05851. Checks should be made payable to the property that you reside at. Please make sure to include your name, property, and unit number. This helps us assure that your rent check is applied properly.

How do I submit a maintenance request?

You may submit a maintenance request by calling our office and speaking with the receptionist.

If this is an emergency, please contact our office immediately to speak with the receptionist. Please do not leave emergency maintenance requests on voicemail or email.

Emergency items include: loss of power, broken gas lines or leaks, fire, broken water lines, exposed electrical lines, no heat, broken door locks or lockouts, malfunctioning appliances, and clogged toilets. If you need to make an emergency request after office hours, you may call our office and press 1 for Maintenance. This will direct you to the on-call service.

Can I have my rent paid electronically through my bank?

Yes. Many banks offer EFT withdrawal. In order to have the funds withdrawn automatically, you must make arrangements with your bank. Once you have initiated the process, your bank will contact us for the appropriate information needed. Please keep in mind that changes may not be immediate.

How do I report a household or income change?

To report a household or income change, call our office and ask to speak with the Compliance Specialist.

How do I submit a complaint or report a lease violation?

You may report a lease violation by calling our office number and requesting to speak with your Property Manager. Please be as specific as possible when submitting complaints.

What is the guest policy for my unit?

It is recommended that you contact your Property Manager for details regarding the guest policy for your property as it may be property specific. As a general rule, a guest may not stay overnight for more than 14 days within a 45 day period. We recommend that you contact your Property Manager if you believe a guest may extend the allotted time period. Tenants are responsible for the conduct of all guests and/or visitors while in their apartment, common areas, or grounds.

How do I add a new member to my lease?

It is recommended that you contact your Property Manager to discuss adding a member to your lease. If the member is a minor, you will need to provide the minor’s full name, date of birth, and social security card as proof of identity in order to add them to your household. If you are looking to add an adult to your household, the adult must first submit a rental application to be added to your lease. It is up to the discretion of the Property Manager to approve or deny requests to add new members. The adult must be screened according to our Resident Selection Policy and must be eligible to live in our housing. This process must be completed before you move the new household member into your home.

What is your pet policy?

Our pet policy varies by property. Many of our properties do allow pets with a $250 pet deposit per animal while some do not allow pets at all. All pets require approval from RuralEdge before they are allowed in the unit. Visiting pets are not allowed. Accommodation animals are allowed with proper documentation. No deposit is required with accommodation animals.

Sign up for our newsletter